Tom Brock Scholarship 2015 – Call for Applications
CLOSING DATE: 14 NOVEMBER 2014
The scholarship will be awarded to assist in the completion of a relevant project in the field of history or a related humanities or social science discipline, preferably related to:
- The social history of rugby league in Australia, OR
- The history of the relationship of rugby league to other sports in Australia
Other topics which may be considered by the committee are:
- The history of the relationship of Australian rugby league with rugby league in other countries.
- The history of rugby league in other countries.
- The history of sport more generally, in the South Sydney region.
Preference may be given for projects that relate to the South Sydney Rugby League Club and normally will be given to applications from current and recent postgraduate students. However, academic staff in their initial years of employment may also apply for the scholarship. Although the award is for one year only a successful applicant may apply for a second consecutive award.
Payments will be made in three stages, the first ($1500) on the announcement of the award, the second ($1500) after the acceptance by the committee of the scholar’s progress report, which is due six months after the announcement of the award. The third payment ($2000) will be made after the committee has approved the scholar’s final report, due twelve months after the announcement of the award.
The successful scholar will be required to present a paper, based on the project, to the next Sporting Traditions Conference ASSH and to attend the annual Tom Brock Lecture to participate in the formal presentation of the award.
Applications should address the following criteria
- Name and address details of the applicant
- Short title and outline of the project (150 words max.)
- Aims/ goals
- Significance/ benefits of the project
- Detailed statement of the research plan, methodology, research schedule and sources
- Expected outcomes of the research (type of publications etc)
- Proposed budget for expenditure of the award funds
- Track record of the researcher (qualifications, awards, positions held, projects completed)
- List of publications
APPLICATIONS should be posted to Professor Richard Cashman, Management, UTS Business, PO Box 222, NSW 2070.
Contact for information: email@example.com